|Procedures||2013 Fall Admissions||2014 Spring Admissions|
|Open for||Full time Master’s Programs||Full- time Master’s Programs
Part-time Master’s Programs
Full-time Ph.D. Programs
|Application Period**||March 30~ May 24, 2013||Early August ~ October 2013|
|Final Result Notification||Early July, 2013||Early December, 2013|
|Semester Opening||September 9. 2013||Early February, 2014|
*This schedule is subject to change depending on circumstances.
**Application package has to arrive before the deadline.
Please read the instructions carefully before filling out the application documents.
- All applications must be received by the application deadline.
- All applicants must apply online and submit application documents via postal mail.
- All documents must be original. Copies will only be accepted if each page is marked with an official stamp.
- All documents should be prepared in English except for recommendation letters, which may be written in English or Korean.
- Mail all transcripts, recommendations and other relevant supporting documentation in one package. Do not mail application materials separately.
- Applicants may only apply for one scholarship. Multiple applications will invalidate candidacy.
- Applicants will be notified of their admission results through the KDI School website.
- Submitted applications become the property of the KDI School and will not be returned.
1. Submit Online Application
2. Documents to be submitted by mail or in person
Once you submit online application, please submit the following documents to the admissions office by deadline for the complete application :
|Online application result page||○||○|
|Statement of Purpose (Must use school form)
Candidates should use this portion of the application to explain their motivation and qualifications for pursuing their education at the KDI School (A4-sized paper: double-spaced, single-sided).
|Official transcript from undergraduate institution(s)
An official transcript is required from the college or university attended, including graduate school where applicable. If the transcript is not written in English, it must be submitted with a notarized translation in English.
|Certified Diploma form undergraduate institution(s)
A certified copy of a diploma (or certificate of graduation) is required from the college or university attended, including graduate school where applicable. If the diploma is not written in English, it must be submitted with a notarized translation in English.
|Official transcript from graduate institution(s)||if applicable||○|
|Certified Diploma form graduate institution(s)||if applicable||○|
A recommendation provides an opportunity for the Admissions Board to gain additional information about your performance in professional and academic settings. All applicants are required to submit two recommendations.
|Two Photos (3cm X 4cm) or Photo file upload||○||○|
|Copy of Passport||○||○|
|TOEFL, IELTS score report*
Score report(s) must be for TOEFL, TOEIC, TEPS, IELTS or other internationally recognized standardized exams. The tests must have been taken within 2 years of the proposed date of admission.
|strongly recommended||strongly recommended|
|Employment Verification**||if applicable||if applicable|
|Dissertation Research Proposal||ｘ||○|
|Writing Sample in English||ｘ||optional|
|GRE score report||ｘ||optional|
*Candidates who received their bachelor’s or higher degree from an English-speaking country are exempted from submitting the test score report.
Candidates who graduated from a degree program offered in English may submit the certificate of medium of instruction instead of the test result.
**Applicants for Seoul G20 Global Leader’s Fellowship have to submit Employment Verification to prove eligibility.
(Eligibility:Division head-level or above, or minimum 6 years of working experience in the public sector. )
※ For overseas Korean whose parents also have foreign nationality :
- Copy of each parents’ passport
※ For Korean who completed the entire 16-year education outside Korea :
- Elementary School Transcript and graduation certification
- Middle School Transcript and graduation certification
The Office of Admissions
KDI School of Public Policy and Management
85 Hoegiro Dongdaemun-gu Seoul, 130-722, KoreaPhone +82-2-3299-1281/1220